Circuit Member Profile: rewear
Rewear is a member of PSU’s Social Innovation Incubator Circuit Program. Learn more about their business below, then see them pitch at the Elevating Impact Summit, June 21 at the Gerding Theater in Portland, Oregon.
We manufacture and wholesale smart kids clothing and home items made from upcycled materials. For instance, from a men’s woven shirt with a stain or hole, we can create a dress, laptop sleeve and a bolster for your home.
The idea for our venture originates from the creative use of upcycled fabrics and the search for more sustainable options in children’s and home fashion. Julianne Stevens, rewear’s designer, saw the need for unique and responsibly produced clothing for children, so she made clothing for her kids from her own garments that were stained, shrunken or torn. Sara Deluca, rewear’s production and sourcing executive, through her 14 years of experience in the traditional apparel industry, realized that even better options like organic cotton and bamboo weren’t truly sustainable practices. Sara and Julianne were both in search of a way to use their backgrounds and talents to find a better solution. Thus, rewear was born.
Our goal is to make a positive impact in four key ways:
- Saving from the landfill materials that could not, or would not, otherwise be used. (Americans throw away about 68 pounds of clothing per year, which creates about 5% of the volume in landfills).
- Offering customers the choice of buying something upcycled versus something manufactured from scratch. (This saves about 29 pounds of CO2 [per garment]).
- Creating local jobs.
- Influencing consumer buying decisions. If your customers choose to buy new items, we inspire them to thoughtfully buy something that is manufactured in the US, will last, and to think about what they can do with that product at the end of its lifecycle.
To help us succeed, we’re looking for strategic relationships and potential investors. Also,
- Shop our online store: http://rewearkids.bigcartel.com/
- Visit our website: http://www.rewearkids.com/
- Like our Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/rewear/286936678015463
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rewearkids
- Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/rewearkids
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org