Rice University Business Plan Competition Offering $10k Prize for Social Ventures
The “world’s largest and richest business plan competition” is offering a special prize category for social ventures with $10,000 cash! This is a competition for graduate student teams. The intent to apply is due February 26th. Check it out.
From their email announcement:
“You are invited to apply to be one of the 42 top MBA and graduate schools from around the world who will to compete at Rice University in Houston, Texas.
Teams with business plans for Social Ventures will compete for $10,000 in the Social Venture Track. In addition to this cash prize, the top teams in the Social Venture category will advance to the Semi-Finals to compete for more than $800,000 in prizes in the overall competition.
Overall prizes include:
- $325,000 Grand Prize package
- More than $600,000 in total cash prizes, plus $200,000 in services awarded
- EVERY team accepted into the Rice competition is guaranteed to win at least one cash prize
Other Cash Prize Categories include:
- $125,000 Equity Investment – Grand Prize Overall winner
- $100,000 Equity Investment – Best Life Sciences team
- $100,000 Equity Investment – Best Technology Team (other than life sciences)
- $100,000 DFJ Mercury Tech Transfer Investment Prize – Best University Technology
- $50,000 NASA Commercial Space Innovation Prize
- $20,000 NASA Life Science Award
- Two $20,000 NASA Engineering Awards
- Clean Technology
- Information Technology/Web 2.0
- Life Sciences/Biotech
- Medical Devices
- Consumer Products