Students: Create communities of the future at IdeaLab – Apply by 5/31
This is the type of event I would have loved to participate in when I was a student. And you can even get course credits! Check it out.
IdeaLab 2011: Retrofitting Communities
If you are passionate about sustainability and want to create products and services to help communities retrofit for the future, IdeaLab is for you. Such retrofitting requires solutions for reengineering structures, energy and water management, transportation, and food production and distribution.
- DEADLINE: Application deadline: May 31, 2011: apply at: www.nciia.org/idealabpsu2011; successful applicants notified by end of June, 2011. Approximately 50 students will be accepted into the program, and if accepted, you can sign up for 4 units of PSU credit.
- WHO: Graduate and undergraduate students from all majors and professional schools are encouraged to apply. We are looking for applicants who want to take solutions to the marketplace.
- WHAT: IdeaLab will take you through a highly dynamic process proven to create viable business concepts. At the end of the week, you will have developed a concept to pitch to investors.
- WHEN: August 15-19, 2011, 9am-9pm.
- WHERE: Leftbank Annex, Portland, OR (dorm rooms available at PSU for rent).
FEE: $150 ($100 will be refunded to you upon completion of the workshop; If the workshop is taken for college credit, the $150 will be waived).
IdeaLab: Retrofitting Communities is sponsored by:
- Portland State University Entrepreneurship Center
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Oregon BEST
- PSU Center for Real Estate
- PSU School of Business Administration
- University of Portland Center for Entrepreneurship
IdeaLab is a program of the National Collegiate Inventors & Innovators Alliance.