Job Opportunity at Mercy Corps NW: Women’s Business Center Manager
Our friends at Mercy Corps NW are looking for someone with business, teaching and grant-seeking/reporting skills to lead the Women’s Business Center.
Check out this great opportunity right here in Portland and apply on their job board (http://www.mercycorps.org/jobs).
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports women’s economic development regionally and delivers and supports all small business development services to women including asset development services (individual development accounts or IDA’s) loans, training and counseling and the prison programming of Mercy Corps Northwest. This position will contribute to the strategy, systems development, relationship development, administration and organizational development of the MCNW team with SBA and other funders and the community. It supports other programs of MCNW including contractor teaming work, distance learning and lending support and assures that all programs for women synchronize with MCNW with all other populations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build a program linking women-owned businesses and prospective businesses with support services to women clients and expand those services with new support services and expanded networks to assist clients to business independence.
- Support the Oregon and Washington Lending Managers with extension of training resources regionally.
- Develop resources for a Women’s Business Center as a training arm of MCNW both physically and virtually.
- Teach, coach and mentor women clients.
- Manage the collection of program performance, trends and data of all MCNW programs.
- Organize and monitor the success and economic outcomes of women clients of the center.
- Support MCNW’s prison programming to women, including preparation of teaching materials.
- Coordinate the accuracy of data collection of all client groups including training, IDA, loan, farm, reentry and renter clients with MCNW staff.
- Help put together women-oriented and lead business classes and educational opportunities.
- Strengthen the quantity and quality of women mentors available to MCNW clients.
- Develop and support MCNW initiatives in asset development including renters and a community-led REIT.
- Travel throughout Oregon and Washington.
- Other duties as assigned for the success, evolution and growth of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S or equivalent in business, finance, banking, community development, economics and/or other relevant field or entrepreneurial experience required. MBA preferred.
- Media and writing experience.
- Experience in small business and/or small business support required.
- Experience teaching and training in a classroom setting required.
- Small business experience with general office management is a plus.
- Language skills in Spanish, Russian or other common immigrant language a plus.
- Experience in business, banking or working with formerly incarcerated individuals a plus.
- Experience working with spreadsheet, databases and developing online systems.
…for more info and to apply visit Mercy Corp’s job board: http://www.mercycorps.org/jobs
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.