Social Innovation Incubator Launches 2012 Circuit Program
The Social Innovation Incubator (SII) recently kicked off the 2012 Circuit Program, six months of workshops and expert mentoring for a group of local social entrepreneurs. The 2012 cohort includes five new members:
- Bright Neighbor, an online sustainability platform that facilitates peer-to-peer borrowing and renting.
- Cascadia Experience, which provides leadership, sustainability and conservation training for professionals through hands-on outdoor projects.
- Elkarti, which markets handcrafted leather accessories to create employment and fund orphanages in Morocco.
- Junk to Funk, an art-as-social-change organization that creates fashionable clothing out of trash.
- Meditation Momma, an effort to demystify and encourage the use of meditation.
The Vector Program, offering tailored consulting for more established organizations, welcomed Ecozoom as a new member. Ecozoom is a certified B Corporation that reduces pollution and illness worldwide by designing, manufacturing, and distributing high-efficiency, low-cost cookstoves.
Entry filed under: Oregon entrepreneurship news, Press, SII Member News. Tags: business incubator, conservation training, portland state university, social change organization, social entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurship, social innovation, social innovation incubator, vector program.