Changemaker Campus Liaison Internship
Position: Changemaker Campus Liaison Intern
Location: Portland, OR
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately – open until filled (final deadline to apply is November 3, 2014)
Duration: Part-time, Temporary (12-15) hrs/week for 3 academic terms ending June 15, 2015 with the potential to extend through June 15, 2016.
Start date: Open until filled. Ideal start date will be December 1, 2014
At Portland State, we believe that education can be a world-changing experience. It can spark ideas, open doors, and cultivate the skills for anyone to become a changemaker. Changemakers dream, discover, and learn. They seek out solutions to problems others say cannot be solved. They are artists, engineers, teachers, builders, cooks, economists, designers, planners, policy makers, writers, creators, activists, scientists, performers, entrepreneurs. They are thinkers and they are doers. We believe everyone has the capacity to be a changemaker.
In 2012, Portland State was selected as part of the Ashoka U Changemaker Campus consortium, a select group of institutions of higher education that demonstrate commitment and cutting-edge approaches to galvanizing solutions to major human and environmental challenges. More information can be found at: http://www.pdx.edu/changemaker
We are seeking a driven and energetic student to be PSU’s first Changemaker Campus Liaison. If you like to work with diverse people and big ideas, if you have have a positive, can-do attitude, and are passionate about making a difference for PSU and the world, this may be the internship for you.
Primary Responsibilities: The Intern will have the unique opportunity to not only advance Changemaker Campus strategies, but also to help define the future of this initiative. Responsibilities include:
• Planning and staffing events (workshops, lectures, etc.) and conducting student outreach about courses, career opportunities and events
• Creating a Changemaker Career Fair (explore partnering with Idealist, ACS, and Net Impact)
• Identifying PSU’s changemaker stories and pathways to changemaking on campus. This will involve developing online and/or other resources to help students access pathways to changemaking and assisting with the production of Changemaker Stories videos.
• Posting on social media, writing and curating relevant blog stories
• Interfacing with Ashoka U and other Changemaker Campuses and internal PSU changemaker groups, attending Ashoka U Exchange conference, if possible, and researching best practices from other Changemaker Campuses.
• Other potential roles for this position include developing and/or implementing funding or revenue streams and managing student volunteers.
You are a person of integrity. You are curious, a seeker, but also able to focus on results. You have the optimism to believe in a better world and the realism and project management skills to reach such optimistic goals. You laugh easily. You can also demonstrate:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills that inspire people to take action
• Ability to get things done on time on your own and when working in teams
• Experience developing and managing successful partnerships
• Experience envisioning future states and developing strategies to achieve them
• Experience hiring and managing volunteers with positive results or a willingness to develop yourself in this area
•Comfort with trying new things, learning what works and making changes to what doesn’t
• Social media savvy including some experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Ability to create and edit short storytelling videos or the willingness to learn how
• Experience or interest in raising money, starting an organization or other entrepreneurial activity
The hours are flexible with a range of (12 – 15) hours per week
Graduate students: $500 per month/$1500 per term; undergraduate students: $400 per month/$1,200 per term (prorated for number of days worked). This position is being funded through the generous support of donors and the Institute for Sustainable Solutions to the Sustainability Internship Program to support student career pathways in sustainability. This will be a high-visibility, leadership position. Your compensation may also include:
• Networking opportunities with businesses, nonprofits, and national PSU partners • Attending events or workshops
• Building your resume through significant responsibilities and projects that will make a lasting difference
This position requires current enrollment as a PSU student.
To confirm that you are formally admitted and enrolled, please email your full name and student ID to email@example.com. Include the name of the internship you are applying for in the subject line. Once your status is confirmed, you will receive the full application instructions via email.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.